Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe, comfortable and comprehensive nursing care for the patients.
- Ensure that the ward is well equipped with required articles to impart quick and safe nursing care.
- Ensure proper Admission and Discharge of the Patients.
- Plan Nursing care and make patients assignment as per their nursing needs.
- Check all ward inventories and ward stock to ensure that adequate supply is on hand.
- Check the medicine cupboard and see that no expiry drugs or fluids are present.
- Check the crash cart daily and ensure that emergency equipment is available and in working condition, and that the emergency drugs are available and no expiry medicines are present.
- Update her knowledge of day to day functioning of equipment, including breakdown, and maintenance, and to educate other staff.
- Arrange shift duties, detail work and responsibilities for the staff and see that staff are equally distributed according to the need.
- Prepare duty roster and work assignment for her staff and send copy to nursing office daily.
- To be thorough with rules, regulations, rights and responsibilities of patients and attendants, policies of hospital with regard to nursing procedures, accidental inoculation, and disposal of biomedical waste and to implement these policies, as and when required.
- Assist in the direct care of the patient as and when required Supervise housekeeping staff to ensure a safe and clean environment of the ward at all times.
- Coordinate with housekeeping department and ensure that housekeepers are performing their work according to patient satisfaction and hospital policies.
- Assist in planning and administration of the therapeutic diet for the patients.
- See that vulnerable patients needs are taken care of.
- Ensure that proper observation records of the patients are maintained and necessary information is imparted to the concerned authorities.
- To maintain and enter admission and discharge bed wise statement, and to forward report to concerned departments.
- Take Nursing rounds with staff.
- Make rounds with doctors. Is responsible for informing the doctors regarding the investigation reports of discharged patients and further follow the doctors instructions.
- Visit each patient in the ward, at least twice during the shift. Take a report regarding all patients in the wards from the previous shift.
- Ensure that doctors instructions concerning patient treatment are carried out on time.
- Co-ordinate patient care with other departments like pharmacy, laboratories, medical records, stores, etc.
- Ensure Hospital infection control policies and waste management policies are strictly adhered to, by both nursing and housekeeping staff.
- Make sure all the autoclaved items required for different procedures are available with ward and ensure all used and date expiry autoclaved items are returned in time to The CSSD for sterilization.
- Responsible for maintaining discipline in her ward.
- Responsible to indent ward stores and keep necessary records.
- To attend in service education classes, and to conduct classes in the ward.
- Make arrangement for the staff to attend in-service education training programmes planned by the Nursing Superintendent and Training Department.
- Keep staff apprised of all communication and new information concerning hospital activities and patient care, received from Nursing office and Hospital Administrators.
- Needs to notify the nursing superintendent about any critically ill patients or any staff admitted in the hospital.
- Any other assignments given by the Nursing Superintendent as and when required.
UG:B.Sc - Nursing
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Fernandez Hospital Foundation
View Contact Details+