- Ensure that the ward is well equipped with required articles to impart quick and safe nursing care.
- Ensure proper Admission and Discharge of the Patients.
- Check all ward inventories and ward stock to ensure that adequate supply is on hand.
- Check the medicine cupboard and see that no expiry drugs or fluids are present.
- Check the crash cart daily and ensure that emergency equipment is available and in working condition.
- Update her knowledge of day to day functioning of equipment, including breakdown, and maintenance, and to educate other staff.
- Arrange shift duties and see that staff are equally distributed according to the need.
- To be thorough with rules, regulations, rights and responsibilities of patients and attendants, policies of hospital and disposal of biomedical waste and to implement these policies, as and when required.
- Supervise housekeeping staff to ensure a safe and clean environment of the ward at all times.
- Coordinate with housekeeping department and ensure that housekeepers are performing their work according to patient satisfaction and hospital policies.
- Ensure that proper observation records of the patients are maintained and necessary information is imparted to the concerned authorities.
- To maintain and enter admission and discharge list.
- Visit each patient in the ward, at least twice during the shift and ensure that the patient needs are taken care in coordination with the shift incharge.
- Co-ordinate patient care with other departments like pharmacy, laboratories, medical records, stores, etc.
- Ensure Hospital infection control policies and waste management policies are strictly adhered to, by both nursing and housekeeping staff.
- Make sure all the autoclaved items required for different procedures are available with ward and ensure all used and date expiry autoclaved items are returned in time to The CSSD for sterilization.
- Responsible for maintaining discipline in her ward.
- Responsible to indent ward stores and keep necessary records.
- To attend in service education classes.
- Make arrangement for the staff to attend in-service education training programmes planned by the Nursing Superintendent and Training Department.
- Keep staff apprised of all communication and new information concerning hospital activities and patient care, received from Nursing office and Hospital Administrators.
- Needs to notify the nursing superintendent about any critically ill patients or any staff admitted in the hospital.
- Any other assignments given by the Nursing Superintendent as and when required.
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Any Specialization
Fernandez Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.
Fernandez Hospital Foundation
View Contact Details+
Contact Company:Fernandez Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.